The best way to protect Facebook from hackers, Is the most valuable search term out there on the internet. Most of them are highly concerned about it. Being the no.1 social network many attacks are done to it every second. In order to secure your account from these hacktivists below are the best methods to keep off your Facebook account from hackers.
The Best Practice To Keep off Your Facebook Account From Hackers
We access our Facebook account at different locations. One might use his/her account at School, College or in an Office. In some hurry situations, you might forget to log-out.In this kind of cases, your account might hack. Even these days many use Facebook on their smartphone itself. But no one like to logout and login at every use. But what if your mobile is stolen? It might not sure, but totally depends on your device’s security. So, Without any further discussions, let’s have a look at the best practices to keep your Facebook account off hackers:
#1 Login Alerts
Login Alerts is the best feature provided by Facebook, In order to protect your account from hack attempts. Not only Facebook, Now most of the other social networks login alerts via mail and messaging services. So, to activate login alerts on Facebook just follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step1. Log In to your Facebook account -> Now head off towards settings -> Select Security over there.
Step2. Now you can find Login Alert and just enable it. Now at every login, you can receive notifications.
#2 Create Strong Password
Most of the users think that passwords are hacker-proof, But it’s not. A hacker can easily guess your password. Never use a similar password for all your accounts. Have different passwords for each account which should include both Upper & Lower case letters, numbers, and even special signs.
To change your Facebook Account password just Go To -> Account Settings -> General -> Password.
#3 Avoid Spam Links
Facebook is serious about spam and is always enhancing its features to make sure you are safe from being a victim to scams. The types of attacks include money scams through direct or indirect requests via Facebook messages, chat etc, phishing links that will redirect you to fake websites, malicious links that could retrieve your personal information or even harm your computer. There are also chances you may receive emails from ‘Facebook’ but it is actually from a phishing website, this modus operandi is part of a scam. [ORIGIN]
There are many ways you can avoid being a victim
- Never click on suspicious links whenever or wherever you find it, even if it came from your friends. If you receive a link, always take the extra step of asking your friend what the link is to confirm that they had sent it. Usually, these links are ‘sent’ without the sender’s knowledge. This includes all links that appear in your Facebook Chat, Messages, friend’s status post or even from your email.
- Never give out your username or password to anyone, including websites with suspicious links and layouts. Giving your passwords freely could jeopardize the security of your personal information on Facebook.
- Log in only at www.facebook.com and not from any other link or website, unless you are accessing via Facebook App.
- Update your browser to its latest version to ensure your browser’s security is up to date so it would detect and alert you with a warning when you are navigating to a suspected phishing site.
#4 Block Invitations
Many people play games and different online apps which need access to your account. You might approve these request’s many times. Once you’ve have approved, All our personal information is tracked by them.To block all these app’s permissions follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step1. Go to -> Settings and Select Blocking. From there you can block a specific need.
#5 Activate Secure browsing
To start securing your account, click on the drop-down menu from the top right corner of your Facebook account and go to Account Settings.
- Select Security from the left menu.
- At the Secure Browsing section, click on the Edit link at the right.
The options panel will appear, ‘check’ the box Browse Facebook on a secure connection then click on the Save Changes button.
Follow these simple methods to keep your Facebook account safe from hackers. Hope you found this guide helpful. Also, share your views in the comments section below.