In the past users spent most time o Facebook to get connected with each other. With the uneviel of Facebook groups, The team has now decided to bring the world closer by helping group admins.
Zuck’s New Mission for Facebook: Bringing the world closer
With the accounts of vice president of engineering Kang-Xing Jin described the new tools for admins to manage and grow their groups in a Newsroom post:
- Group Insights: Group admins have told us consistently that having a better understanding of what’s going on in their groups would help them make decisions on how to best support their members. Now, with Group Insights, they’ll be able to see real-time metrics around growth, engagement and membership, such as the number of posts and times that members are most engaged.
- Membership request filtering: We also hear from admins that admitting new members is one of the most time-consuming things they do. So, we added a way for them to sort and filter membership requests on common categories like gender and location, and then accept or decline all at once.
- Removed member clean-up: To help keep their communities safe from bad actors, group admins can now remove a person and the content they’ve created within the group—including posts, comments and other people added to the group—in one step.
- Scheduled posts: Group admins and moderators can create and conveniently schedule posts on a specific day and time.
- Group-to-group linking: We’re beginning to test group-to-group linking, which allows group admins to recommend similar or related groups to their members. This is just the beginning of ways that we’re helping bring communities and sub-communities closer together.
Now that we all know, This giant network always gets wrapped with the latest news and other routine stories. In order to change the path it works and to make the network more useful Zuckerberg says it is now “very close” to having 2 billion users, was supposed to make it easier to create bonds across cultures and ideologies.
“Our mission of connecting people, that was not supposed to be controversial,” Zuckerberg said in an interview with Bloomberg. “So now the question is, why is that a controversial thing, and how do you rebuild that?”
Zuck might be taught the solution was built with the question tag’s itself. As most users use friends and family groups to get connected with each other mark has revealed his statements in Communities Summit in Chicago. He also said that those group admin has the same role in developing facebook as it engineers and advertisers. This means now the group admins have high priority. 😉 So what do you think about bringing world closer? Share your views in the comments section below.